Sunny Sunday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 7/16/11 9:06 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning!

Beautiful day out there.  I'm up and working on my assignment that is due this evening by midnight for class.  Have to write a case study paper. 

Yesterday spent most of the day in the house talking with Gene and figuring out what is still needed on our end for the house.  I think we have everything but the tile for the basement/summer kitchen.  We had not planned on replacing what was there as far as flooring, but once they had to rip up the cement floor to replace the sewer pipe that necessitated figuring out what to put down there in place of what was now ruined.

Hope everyone has a great day and gets outside to enjoy some of this sunshine.

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 7/16/11 9:31 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Ida..  I swear I'd go nuts dealing with everything you are dealing with in your house.   We had a house fire a few years back and I had to deal with a lot of that, BUT we only had a certain budget set forth by the insurance company AND we weren't living the house while it was getting done.  Living in a hotel that served breakfast 7 days a week and dinner 4 days a week, plus a pool and maid service can help anything look better.

Today is VISITING DAY at camp!! I am really looking forward to seeing Siehara and hearing all about how the first month has gone.  I know she's excited and can't wait to hear the excitement in her voice as she tells me all about it.  Plus I'm also going to make sure that Dexter has the right name, without telling her that I got him.  I'll just have to work it in somehow.  I don't want her to get upset about being there while there is a new kitten at home.   I am STILL really happy that I got him while she is gone, especially with the messes of litter I've been finding in the bathroom.. mostly scattered litter now, but still some in the tub. 

Tonight when I get back from camp, I have the first of the choir rehearsals at one of the other synagogues.  This is the same one I was in last year so I'm looking forward to starting again for this year.  We are going to be doing a mini tribute to Debbie Friedman before the service part of our performance, so that will be fun!   

fyi---Debbie Friedman was an American composer and singer of songs with Jewish religious contact.  Her music impacted many Jews in all sects of the religion.  She passed away in January at age 59, so this is our tribute to her.  

Well, I must finish getting ready.  I have to leave here by 8 at the very latest to be sure I don't get there late.  

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 7/17/11 3:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
Lisa;
there are days this does get to me.  Lately more often it gets to me than it had been.  Gene terms those days as my "hissy fit" days.  If only we were living in a hotel that served breakfast and dinner, I'd be in heaven right now and if they had a washer/dryer I'd be totally in love with the place.  This will pass, later than sooner it seems, in the end it will be my design and Gene's structural expertise and totally OUR house :-)

IdaMae

enasangels
on 7/16/11 9:37 pm - PA
Morning Ida & Lisa,
Not much going here, church then just vegging out with the grandkids.  If it's not to hot maybe some outside activity with them.
Lisa enjoy your singing.
Have a good day everyone.
Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

bvohl
on 7/17/11 12:07 am
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Well, we finally got our kitty!! She is SO sweet!!!! She seems to be a bit skiddish, but she is warming up to us (especially me). We gave her a bath last night which was a challenge and I have a few scratches to prove it, but she was mostly pretty good about it. She did get out of her room(by accident) this morning, but we were able to get her back in her room. Spent some time with her and now we will leave her be for a bit.

Today we will hang out here. Steven is going with his biker friends to welcome home one of their friends from Afganistan who has been serving their for the past six months. So Dee and I may go out for dinner tonight. This week might be alot of salads for dinner especially with the extreme heat later this week!

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth

BTW, I posted some pictures on FB of Reba!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 7/17/11 3:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
Beth;
Saw the photos of Reba on FB she is beautiful.  How is your other kitty taking to her?
Ida

IdaMae

Eliza55
on 7/17/11 8:36 am - PA
Hello to you all

I've been on other forums, but not this one before.  I'm from the Philly suburbs, and scheduled for RNY in a little less than a month.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

IdaMae D.
on 7/17/11 11:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Eliza;
Welcome to the PA boards!

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views